The Assembly's main purpose is to provide a space for leaders in the local sector to come together to understand and address the challenges facing the communities in Manchester. This may involve a range of approaches including working at a strategic level with public sector agencies, building relationships with other sectors including private businesses, lobbying, enterprise and collaboration between organisations. The Assembly will seek to be solution-focused and innovative.
- To bring together leaders in local voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector organisations across Manchester to debate local social and economic issues facing the city
- To maintain an overview of the development of the local sector
- To champion the contribution of the VCSE sector to Manchester both in meeting the needs of diverse local communities
- To increase recognition of the sector’s contribution to the local economy in delivering employment, training, volunteering and many other opportunities
- To stimulate partnership working between organisations and with other sectors
- To support and encourage leaders and leadership within the sector
For further information, visit: www.manchestercommunitycentral.org/voluntary-sector-assembly